Sunday, February 14, 2010

GO TEAM USA!




A childhood friend of mine, J*ulia Clukey, will be taking to the speedy-ice-track of Whistler on Monday evening around 5pm, for her first run out of 4 (two on Monday, the final 2 on Tuesday) as a part of TEAM USA! She and I began to lose touch just before highschool (during her luge training) but I am SO incredibly proud to know her and support her in this amazing adventure she has been on. She is a first time Olympian, and was at the track on Friday morning when Georgian luger N*odar K*umaritashvili crashed during a training run.
Could you all please send prayers her way Monday and Tuesday? For peace of mind after witnessing such a tragic event, and most importantly- for her safety?

(Maybe a few Good Luck vibes too!)


Here's to the good ole days!

Julia and I *circa WAY back when.
We may have had figure-skating form - but she was meant to be a luger!

Her older sis, myself, and Julia.

J, her mom, lil sis, and myself.


And here's to the present!
(And Olympic Medal future!)

GO CLUKEY!

Front and center during the Opening Ceremony!




I was sure to snag a shirt the last time I was visiting our hometown!
(Julia was away preparing for Vancouver, but I stopped by their *very old* house to visit her mother and LOVED every moment of it. NOTHING in the house has changed, not even the kids' artwork on the walls, and it felt like I was a kid again, showing up to play)



GO Maine!
GO USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment