Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two-Seven?

Someone turned the big 2-7 earlier this week.

No, it certainly couldn't have been me, could it?

Wasn't it just yesterday that I was toddling around in mud puddles?

Or in 8th grade winning the State Champs trophy for my middle school soccer team?


How about not even being 21? Still working at my first pre-school gig? (the one that I started at 16... the one that made me realize my love for children... the one that was a huge part in the path that lays ahead of me in life?)


Where did 24 go?


And 25?


How about 26? Has it really been a year since just turning 26?

I suppose it has. Though it really doesn't feel like.
Time really does fly as you get older. (granted, I'm not afraid of being older, as most of my friends are already in their 30's, I'm just simply wondering where has the time gone?)
I've watched myself grow. I've watched little ones grow. I've certainly felt that feeling of "I can't believe 'so and so' is so big/old! It seems like yesterday that he/she was just *insert younger age here*. Wow I'm getting so old!"
So, 27, eh?
Here's to another year. Hopefully just as great as the last. To living and (still) learning. Loving and laughing. And growing - because I think even at 99 I'll still being doing a little bit of that.
(Here's also to my Mom, for making my 0-27 possible!)
*I'll try not to mention that my home state failed to give me the present that I had been asking for on the day of my birthday. Who has a birthday ON voting day and doesnt get what they wish for, anyway? I suppose when that time in my life comes I'll just move to a different, more understanding, state. Right?*
oops... I guess I did mention it.

No comments:

Post a Comment